Everyone thinks they are interesting
Since 1998 I’ve launched, sold and failed multiple tech & media businesses with hands-on work in technology, design and strategy. I'm a Webby Award honoree for enabling real world activities online.
- Back in the 90's, I co-founded Celum (Buyout)
- Co-founded the very first Android Twitter app Twidroyd (Acquired by Idealab)
- Launched the most popular Web 2.0 news aggregator Popurls (Acquired by Idealab)
- Created a read-it-later service before Instapaper was a thing (Undisclosed acquisition)
- Created a real-time news search engine (Undisclosed acquisition)
- Worked with Kevin Kelly on the CoolTools relaunch
- Launched Upstract, successor of Popurls
- Joined the founding team of three Idealab companies
- Founded BizToc and raised a series A from Mark Cuban
- In-between, I failed with several blogging platforms, a social marketplace, monetizing a newsletter, a sports nutrition business, selling a single T-Shirt, a fashion deal aggregator or a corporate PR tool; along with many other embarrassing ideas.
I’m located in Austria but also spend a significant amount of time in Japan.