“Everyone thinks they are interesting”
Since 1998 I’ve launched, sold and failed multiple tech & media businesses with hands-on work in technology, design and strategy.
- Back in the days, I co-founded Celum (Buyout)
- Co-founded the very first Android Twitter app Twidroyd (Acquired by Idealab)
- Launched the most popular Web 2.0 news aggregator Popurls (Acquired by Idealab)
- Created a read-it-later service before Instapaper was a thing (Undisclosed acquisition)
- Created a real-time news search engine (Undisclosed acquisition)
- Launched Upstract, successor of Popurls
- Joined the founding team of three Idealab companies
- Founded BizToc, a Mark Cuban Company
- In-between, I failed in building several blogging platforms, monetizing a newsletter, launching a sports nutrition business, selling a single T-Shirt, running a fashion deal aggregator or building a corporate PR tool. But don’t worry, I’ll spare you the truly embarrassing ideas.
I’m located in Austria but also spend a significant amount of time in Japan.